Below are the seven different areas that are a part of Trinity’s vision set to be accomplished by the year of 2020. We believe God will always come through, as long as we’re faithful and fulfill our obligations. Believe God, with us, as we see what looks to be impossible become reality!
Habakkuk 2:2,3 NIV
Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For a revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.”
- The command of Jesus didn’t stop at preaching the Gospel, but He included the obligation to disciple converts. While we do have mechanisms in place for discipleship, we have a need to streamline our process and “close the back door” for new believers. By 2020, Trinity will have a discipleship program in place that retains a minimum of 75% of new converts.
- Bible schools are great and much needed; however, they are cost prohibitive for many people. We have the facility, personnel, and resource to begin training ministers within our own church. Some of these ministers may to choose to function in a lay capacity while others may determine that full time ministry is their calling. By 2020, Trinity will be a place of formal training to equip those who are called by God to be used in the ministry.
- We know that our local outreaches have rendered great results in both evangelism as well as growth. An expansion of these major outreaches: Easter, City Reach, Fall Fest and a Christmas Outreach will allow us to reap great dividends. Trinity Christian Academy is also one of our greatest local outreaches and we look forward to increasing our work together to help us minister to our area. We also want to be sensitive to other needs that many arise and other outreaches to be formed spontaneously. By 2020, Trinity will have a minimum of five major annual outreaches that are done with a standard of excellence that attract people from all over our region.
FREEDOM FROM DEBT
- As of 2011, our full debt load is 3.3 million dollars. As too much of our resource is tied up in monthly mortgage payments as well as interest, we need to become totally debt free. In the latter part of the decade, we will have some bond maturity that will pay off and we intend to apply that directly to the principal of our loans. With the increased cash flow that is created, we can better fund the ministries that we feel to be so vitally important. By 2020, Trinity will be completely out of debt.
UPGRADE AND UPDATE FACILITY
- We live in a society that is accustomed to modern conveniences. While we do understand that God can touch lives with or without the “latest and greatest,” people do not have a reasonable expectation for current technology to be in use as well as a comfortable facility. We want our church to reflect the character and nature of God as a testimony to His favor and excellence. By 2020, Trinity will have an updated sanctuary that will include revamped lighting, sound and seating.
- We must be aggressive in starting new works as statistics show us that the largest numbers of conversions as well as new missions support comes from new churches. As a larger church, Trinity has the ability to train, support, give spiritual oversight, and encourage new congregations that the Lord would lead us to. By 2020, Trinity will have planted 3 brand new churches.
- As we have done with our sister church in Kingston, Jamaica we would like to continue to expand our International Ministry. This ministry could include, but would not be limited to: church plants, spiritual oversight of struggling congregations, building and/or remodeling projects, leadership training for churches and ministries.Realizing that overseas ministry helps fulfill our obligation to the Great Commission, we want to expand our commitments to struggling nations. Our missions support has continued to increase over the years and we plan on continuing that trend; however there is an intrinsic value in relationship beyond monetary support alone. By 2020, Trinity will be in relationship with at least five overseas ministries.